Saturday, January 28, 2006

Women's Circle

One of my Intentions for 2006 relates to creating deeper friendships. My absolute best friend is Garry, and that relationship sustains me in ways I never dreamed possible. However, I haven't ever deliberately developed friendships with women other than my sister and mother. I tend to be very self-reliant when it comes to problem solving and so on. That said, I realise there is a great deal women can offer one another as friends.

So when I was recently invited to join a women's circle I was delighted. Last night the five of us met together for the first time and it was great. We will be meeting fortnightly for about two hours (although last night it was four hours!) for a time of structured meditation and discussion. I found our time together very nourishing and enlivening and am really looking forward to our next gathering.

No comments: