Friday, January 27, 2006

Intentions for 2006

Although I haven't made any New Year's Resolutions for several years (always sets me up for failure when I do), I have listed a number of intentions/desires for myself. These are things I would like to see manifest in my life (in no particular order):

  • increasing compassion

  • improved yoga ability

  • well-nourished body, mind, soul

  • gentle spirit and joyful approach to life

  • successful year of study

  • handle interruptions gracefully

  • deepening friendships

  • establish meditation practice

  • some weight loss & increased fitness

  • strong focus on FLYing this year

  • improving parenting skills

  • learn to celebrate various occasions

  • a garden that nurtures peace

  • developing 'present moment' awareness

  • a competent classical guitar repertoire

  • work on reading skills with Christopher and Catherine


Whew! Seems like a lot when it's all listed in one place. This month I have taken babysteps in each of these areas, and have enjoyed myself a lot. I might write more about it in days to come...

No comments: