Tuesday, January 31, 2006

February Already

I have just been revisiting my intentions for this year: reviewing my babysteps for January, and writing out some babysteps for February. I was pleased with how well this process worked for me throughout January, so am looking forward to the new month. We'll have to see how this all holds up once I return to university in March!

Here are my babysteps for the coming month:

Read chapter 8 of "Compassion" by Henri Nouwen.
Begin collecting together my favourite yoga poses.
Practice portion control at dinner time (my weakest time of day - I can't resist piling my plate with pasta and rice).
Think about finding a role model who is consistently gentle and joyful.
Preview my lectures on powerpoint (I have downloaded them already).
Read chapter 2 of "Anger" by Thich Nhat Hanh.
Commit to the Women's Circle that's just started up.
Do lesson one of online meditation course.
Add some exercise to my days.
Join in with FLYlady goal for February (January was keeping our sink shiny).
Start reading "For the Children's Sake" by Susan Schaeffer McCauley.
Think about how we can celebrate Autumn Equinox.
Work in garden 5-15 minutes every day.
Read "Practice the Presence of God" by Brother Lawrence.
Copy all my best guitar songs into one book.
Implement reading routine with Christopher and Catherine.

My January goals were very similar to the above, and I found them quite manageable. So hopefully this next month will also work quite well. Clearly some goals will require more discipline than others.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamara,

I love reading your blog site. Just wondering - did you find someone who is constantly gentle and joyful as a role model?