Monday, April 09, 2007

Moleskines

OK. There is a weird world out there, and I've just seen the tip of an iceberg. You see, I have stumbled across an obsession some people have with Moleskines. What!!?? You don't know what they are? How could anyone survive without one?

Moleskines (various pronounciations, so just make up your own version) are notebooks. Yes indeed, but not just any notebooks.... these are notebooks that have spawned their very own internet sites, yahoo groups and countless blogs. Just Google them if you doubt me. You see?

So I confess I bought two just to see what all the fuss is about. I have a cute little pocket notebook and a larger blank version. They arrived last week and I'm using one for taking notes when I'm out and about (small enough to take anywhere). The other is reserved for creative journalling (will elaborate in another post).

Having only used them for a few days, I can say this: I like them. I like them a lot. And not only because they've been used by famous people in the past - although that does add something to the experience. They are plain, simple, almost boring, but I like their covers, their bands, their little storage pockets in the back, in short - I really like them.

Am I a Moleskine convert? I leave that for you to judge. If you buy one after reading this (and be warned, they are not cheap), then I probably am. Let me know if you become one too... :)


No comments: