Wednesday, December 07, 2005

What to Say?

Often as I'm doing things around the house or garden, I find myself composing little blog entries in my mind. But when I actually sit in front of the computer I've forgotten all those wonderful ideas and end up wondering what to say. It's very quiet in the house this morning. Garry is reading (The Subtle Knife by Philip Pullman), Christopher is still asleep, and we can just hear Catherine singing quietly in her bed. That's a good sign that she's starting to get over the chickenpox at last. The cat, Hermione, is so lethargic that she can barely move two steps without lying down for a little nap. Soon we'll be into the busy routines of our day and this peaceful interlude will be just a fleeting memory.

As Christopher says, "It's a good life, mum".

No comments: