Sunday, May 06, 2007

My Library Thing

As part of our move, we are drastically culling our book collection. I am also creating an online catalogue of the books we *are* taking with us. You can see a random sample of that catalogue on the right side of this blog site, and there's a link to our full library there (just click on "my library").

Keep in mind that we're only part way through the process, so there are many more books to be added! The thing I like about librarything.com is that you can attach various 'tags' to each book, which allows for really easy searching on a topic (or for an author).

Warning! If you are keen and decide to try this yourself, don't be caught out as I was. When I'd added 200 books, and was finally getting quick at the process, I found out that adding more than 200 books required a membership. Let me tell you, by the time you've done this much, it's easier to simply pay the membership than it is to admit that you've just wasted all that time - so I paid up (LOL). I'm mentioning this here so no-one gets caught out thanks to me!

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

He Tam,

gaaf zeg, ga ik misschien ook wel doen, ook al heb ik niet zoveel boeken, maar ja hoef ik ook niet te betalen, hihi.
He het boek kruistocht in spijkerbroek (die je natuurlijk houd!!!!) is verfilmd, in het engels (grappig die nedelands die engels praten, je pikt ze er zo uit) is inmiddels ook al uit op dvd. ik zou zeggen ga kijken, goeie film, alhoewel het boek alleen leidraad is geweest volgens mij.

Alles prima hier! Volgende week naar oostenrijk!!
Dikke kus, Nathalie.

Tamara said...

Hoi Naat,

Yes, I'm keeping the Dutch (for me) and English (for kids) versions of Crusade in Jeans - of course! I didn't know it had been made into a movie - will keep an eye out for it.

Wish we could join you in Oostenrijk next week, lucky you. If you do make your own bookshelf, let me know, because I'd love to see it...
Tamara