Friday, August 05, 2005

Small Steps

I read somewhere that if you are passionate about something (anything), you should try to do one little thing each and every day towards that passion. Whatever it is, ask yourself:
  1. What specific thing can I do today?
  2. How does this contribute to my dream in the long term?
  3. Why am I doing this? Is it for selfish or selfless reasons?
  4. When will I do this? (Obviously it would be sometime today)
  5. Where? Wherever you are!
  6. Who will do this? If I don't do it, who will? (no-one).

So plan something in the morning, execute your plan that day, then assess the results that night.

For example, if I wanted to "be a better mother", it's a goal that's very difficult to define. But if I broke it down into "What can I do today to be a better mother?", then it's much easier to achieve. I might choose to read a book with the kids, or whatever. The same process applies to any goal - even world peace! So why not resurrect some dreams and give this a try with me....

No comments: