Monday, September 21, 2009

splashup


I love photoshop. Unfortunately it's a little more expensive than I can afford, just to play around with my digital photos. So I am chuffed to have discovered a little web-based program called splashup. It lets you create layers and play with filters just like photoshop. Well, ok, not JUST like photoshop, but near enough. The fact that it doesn't take up space on my hard drive is a bonus, too. The above is an example of what can be done with a few minutes of playing around. Kinda fun!

Oops... I nearly forgot to say it's free :)

5 comments:

Garry said...

you also forgot to mention that the original image that this is taken from shows off the idiosynchratically beautiful pedicure that Catherine gave you - the multicoloured nails are all her!

Garry said...

whoops! 'manicure', and I see you did explain this in an earlier post. sigh.

Joel said...

Get gimp.

It's the open source version of photoshop. The open source movement's best attempt at copying it..

Tamara said...

heheh - that's the trouble when posts appear with most recent posts at the top :)

Joel, thanks for the tip... I'll look into GIMP over the weekend.

Anonymous said...

Mahlie Boo,

Weemo help you get PS if you like :-)

RBTL

ha ha ha hack choo!!