Monday, July 16, 2007

New University

Well, today marks the official start of my new university semester - as a USC rather than USQ student. The University of the Sunshine Coast is known for its kangaroos - of which I saw several today.

I also saw the usual suspects: the bored "I'm too good for this place, but I guess I might as well do this as something else" crowd; the fresh-faced enthusiastic uni-goers; the ubiquitous "in" crowd; several loners; some "mature age students" (guess I'm one of this group now that I'm almost halfway to 70!!); and so on.

Since I'm only doing one subject this semester the load shouldn't be too hard to handle. Thankfully I have advanced standing approval for each of my prior USQ subjects. Because they're scattered over each of the three years of the degree, though, I'm revisiting a first-year subject this semester. At least that should make the content quite easy to learn too - albeit slightly... boring??

No comments: