Tuesday, November 14, 2006

Shaving

I have just finished shaving the bristly face of my very trusting husband. WHY? you may well ask!

Over the next couple of weeks I'm doing a clinical placement to complete my first year of nursing study. As part of that, we will be assessed on a range of skills, including shaving. Since I have never shaved a man before in my life, I really wanted to practice on someone before being unleashed on strangers with a razor. Fair enough, wouldn't you say?

Strangely enough, I have more confidence in my ability to give someone a shot of insulin than in shaving them (well, not so very strange considering I've had years of practice with Christopher's diabetes). Anyway, Garry was able to provide me with plenty of feedback and advice - and he's not bleeding (so no Norman Gunston look-alikes here tonight).

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Morning Tamara - Great to see you're online again! I'll let my girls and sister know. They so enjoy dipping into your blog. Looking forward to seeing you all on Saturday. Love Connie