Sunday, June 11, 2006

Study Avoidance

With three exams coming up next week, it's high time for me to start blogging again! Things have become very cosy here as winter weather sets in - I always love having the pot belly stove going. The back yard is starting to look bleak and skeletal. This time of year is great for seeing the bare bones of the garden.

I have been reading a new Elizabeth Goudge that Garry picked up at a secondhand book sale. I still need to find "Green Dolphin Country" (and others), but our collection of her books is slowly growing. As always, this one had me deep in thought. Book group has just finished "The Aunt's Story" by Patrick White, and we are now reading Tim Winton's "The Riders".

We are right in the middle of Christopher's 10th and Catherine's 8th birthdays. June tends to be an expensive month in our household. From 22 June I will be relishing the forgotten joys of having some time off from study. Easter was a write-off in the 'holiday' sense this year and the four of us really need a proper break.

No comments: