Saturday, April 01, 2006

Night Shift

I worked a night shift last night, which I was dreading because I'd begun the day with a Physics Exam at 7.50am! However, once I'm at work I always enjoy what I'm doing and last night was no exception.

This was my very first shift since starting uni again and it struck me at once how useful our nursing subject has been, even after a mere 4 weeks. Already I found myself using better techniques and understanding more of the "lingo" the registered nurses use. That is very encouraging, I can tell you.

One cute thing that happened: as I was passing one client's room they caught sight of me and called out, "Nurse, excuse me nurse". That's the first time I've ever been called a nurse - and of course I have no right to the title, but it felt kind of nice all the same.

(By the way, the exam went really well, and I am currently taking a quick computer break from studying for our anatomy & physiology exam on Tuesday - which is going to be quite a lot harder).

No comments: