Wednesday, March 22, 2006

Transit of Venus


the transit of venus Posted by Picasa

Our Book Group is reading "The Transit of Venus" this month. I've read about a third of it and am slowly starting to appreciate Shirley Hazzard's style. At first I was quite irritated by her sentence structure - almost as if certain paragraphs and sentences were little puzzles to be solved by the reader. However, I have gotten used to that now and am beginning to enjoy her writing more. I'm looking forward to seeing what the other book group members thought of it....

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Hi Tamara...Glad to see you back on deck!!! Shall have a look at THE TRANSIT OF VENUS. Have you read GILEAD and HOUSEKEEPING by Marilynne Robinson? Wonderful. Thinking of you all in the weeks ahead. Love C

Tamara said...

Hi Connie,

I'm glad you've missed my blogging! It's funny to think that people are reading this with such interest. I will request the Marilynne Robinson books on our next library run, as I've never read them. Thanks for the recommendation. Let me know what you think of The Transit....
Love, Tamara.