Wednesday, November 16, 2005

Long Time, No Blog

It's been a while since I've posted here. The new job has been consuming a great deal of my excess energy. I've only worked 3 shifts, with another tonight, but I'm finding that I spend a great deal of time thinking about things both before and after a shift. Hopefully that will decrease as I become more competent at the many new skills I've had to learn. In addition, night shifts obviously take more time because I have to catch up on the sleep somehow. However, I am finding the work very interesting and rewarding. I love working in palliative care.

One day, I would love to go and work for 6 months at St Christopher's Hospice in London, where palliative care was born. In addition to working there, Garry and I dream of one day doing a walking holiday in Ireland (Guinness is a particular attraction), and London is much closer to Ireland than Australia. Also, it would put Holland within easy reach, so that we could visit relatives and show the kids where I was born. Sounds like a great plan - but still a dream just now. On the other hand, nursing is a great career for someone who wants to work overseas, so I guess you never know.

No comments: