Tuesday, July 12, 2005

Sydney Trip


For her 7th birthday we gave Catherine a flight to Sydney - something Christopher also got when he turned seven. We left home very early, flew from Brisbane to Sydney, spent the day, then flew back and drove home again. With Catherine's potential to throw up on the plane (she gets carsick very easily), it was decided that I would travel with her, rather than Garry.

We developed some photos of the trip today, so here is a small sample:

On the ferry from Circular Quay to Darling Harbour.

Catherine traveled beautifully, even when I felt a little queasy at one point!



Shaking hands with one of the "live statues".

Catherine absolutely loved Circular Quay - she couldn't get enough of walking along, watching all the activity and interacting with various performers.

Catherine's scariest moment: "going through the security checkpoint, and mum had to take her shoes off, and I couldn't go back to be with her. The man was very angry when I tried to walk back".

Bravest moment: "when I met the statues".

Happiest moment: "being around Circular Quay".

What she thought of flying for the first time: "I had fun, and it's cool going on my first flight. I noticed that we went very, very high. There's little bumps everywhere you go in the clouds. My favourite bit was taking off". Clearly she takes after her mother, not father, when it comes to flying.

No comments: